Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 68 - 90-second Planks


Chest & Bicep day is my favorite. It’s the workout where I tend to really push myself. But I’ve been running into a problem at the end. The 60-second planks were doable but after killing it in the gym this morning, the 90-second planks became impossible. I was simply exhausted and had trouble holding myself up. Next week I have to really concentrate on these 90-second planks. All 4 sets must be accomplished. How have my fellow Peakers been doing with the 90-second planks?

I’m off to Philly again tonight to see a band I’ve been DIEING to see for 4 years. All good things come for those who wait. Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. During long planks imagine someone wailing your back with a piece of split bamboo. Works everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I will give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just try to count breaths -- 10 seconds; 5 in, 5 out. Nine times. When it gets bad, look down, at your quivering abs, clench your butt, not your teeth, and BREATHE.
    Also try cheating; rock a little back on the balls of your feet, raise or lower your butt one centimeter, put your hands together, clench or spread your shoulder blades...persevere and OVERCOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First - I struggle with the 90 seconds.

    Good music helps.

    I have repetitive prayer I say sometimes to keep negative thougths out of a fragile mind

    I will move around a little - left to right alternating where my weight, from 50-50 to 60-40 to 40-60 to 50-50.

    I will also lift one leg up and put it on top of the other just to spice it up.

    That my be against the guidelines - but it helps me hold on.

    We will keep moving forward on that one.

    ReplyDelete