Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 80 - The Gym

I had a tough workout today. My mind was about 80% in the workout. The other 20% was thinking about Patrick's e-mail today concerning the gym and why gyms generally suck. And make no mistake, they do. Big time. The gym I workout in 5 days a week is great. It's at work, free, has plenty of space and all the equipment one would want. But, I've come to realize that the gym is a maze and generally about 97% of the people who attend the gym are lost in that maze. I know, I was once one of those people.
The maze is equipped with lots of bells and whistles. Machines to encumber you, T.V.'s to distract you, conversations to lure you, smells that make you ponder, windows to gaze out of, doors opening and closing, water being filled, space being taken, the list goes on. It's a miracle that anybody ever gets in shape in the gym and it's no wonder why very, very few people ever do. They can't find their way out of the maze and may not even be aware they are lost inside one. I've come to realize that the PCP is map out of that maze.

To be continued.....


1 comment: