Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 70 - Sunday best

Sunday is still the hardest day of the PCP. Off my regular schedule and filled with activity, I usually feel hunger throughout the day. The various activities usually means I miss my normal snack times so I have to combine my snacks with a main meal like lunch. However, it affords for some combinations that have left me feeling delight. I concocted a sandwich which I dubbed, "Patrick's revenge". Toasted sourdough, salmon, chicken, avocado, arugula, tomato, and egg white, liberally showered in red chili flakes. All measurements in line with the PCP and you'd never know it. The sandwich is a thing of beauty. So beautiful, no picture exists. Just the memory of its brief yet fulfilling existence.
Sunday also brings Patrick's e-mail regarding the new dietary requirements and workout regimen. Along with it a new pledge to take this week as seriously as I did week 1. The results are showing and I feel great but these next 20 days are vital to our PEAK fitness. Now is not the time to take the foot off the gas. Now is the time to stamp down on the pedal and tackle the weeks challenges with renewed vigor and sweat. The rewards are in the distance. The summer calendar is filling up with a mind melting array of trips, games, concerts, and bbq's with close friends and relatives. Capped off with the birth of my daughter. INSANE. I will partake in all in PEAK condition. PEAK MIND, BODY, SPIRT.

#1 goal this week. 4 sets of 90-second planks in the bag.

4 comments:

  1. I hope one day we can have a Patrick's Revenge and some beers over lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try to make that sandwich - Maybe Patrick shroud have a menu board and everyone who finished get to record their favorite meal. It would also be a nice resource for others who participate in the program.

    I know I have gotten lots of good ideas from Ren, as he photo's every meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hassling Patrick to make a PCP Cookbook forever...one of the many things on his ever-expanding to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, the beer is on me!

    A PCP cookbook is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete