Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 85 - Rounding third

Here we are, Day 86. Rounding third and headed home. Still plenty of work to do as demonstrated today in the gym. One rep at a time, one set at a time, one breath at a time. If you start looking down that sheet you might get distracted. You might psyche yourself out. Mind focused, muscles flexed, sweat rolling down your face. That's what it takes.
I was reminded today of a important lesson of the PCP. That while yes, it's very important what happens in the gym. It's much more vital what happens outside of it. That is where PEAK condition is reached. OUTSIDE. Of course the INSIDE part of the equation is the mind. What's happening inside your mind? What is being thought, said, uttered, spoken, ingested? Yes, still plenty of work to do.

The iPod is essential this week. TOOL's Lateralus lead me today and I'll think I'll keep that going the rest of the way up this mountain. Yes, all this pain is an illusion and if we ride the spiral until the end we may just go were no ones been. BRING THE PAIN.

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of Jackie. Such confidence and surety in his ability.

    yes plenty of work to do - all the days count that same and add to the collective outcome.

    I have never heard TOOL's Lateralus - You tube is serving it up for me now.

    Go Team Go!

    ReplyDelete