Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 43 - Giving your all

In life and in the PCP, it's vital to give your all. Everyday. No matter what your doing. Give 100%. It's very hard to do this. It takes massive amounts of concentration, will, and determination. But, at the end of the day, that is when we feel whole. Knowing we've given everything we could. Taking your destiny in your hands. Taking responsibility for your choices, your feelings, your goals, and your future. That's the beans, baby. Serve them up.
So, when it comes time for the gym. It's on a night like this that I can type with certainty that today, I gave my 100%. And sometimes it's hard to know when 99.9% was good enough. After 1500 jumps, 60 floor jumps, and 80 lunges, I was literally shaking the rest of the workout. The shaking in my thighs was effecting my push-ups, my standing ovations, and forget about the planks. I could only manage about 30 seconds each before I collapsed. I have to add that I really love doing chest dips. It's an exercises I've never done before, well, I tried to do them but with little success. Now, doing 4 sets of 8 reps, it makes me feel incredibly empowered. 43 days ago, I couldn't do 1. Now, if only I could get those pistol squats down.

2 comments:

  1. This is what's it's all about man... finding out what you're made of. SOLID GOLD BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the beans serve them up

    I love it - you are a good writer.

    The lunges are what gets me. toward the end I think something is going to pop.

    I like myself more the days I do things that are meaningful and challenging.

    I also like doing things that used to be difficult or impossible. I was thinking that today as I was cranking out the core workout - bang bang bang, I just knocked it out.

    This, as you mentioned is not the case with planks. Oddly, I have found I get some relief, or distraction , if I lift one leg up for five seconds at a time. The variation helps with the shaking.

    Maybe we should listen to Stevie Ray Vaughn - Shake for me Baby

    Go Team Go!

    ReplyDelete