Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 52 - Tending the garden

Overall, a great PCP day. I was able to maintain a level of intensity today with the workout routine that would be wonderful to achieve everyday but it just doesn't work like that. I've been down in the Week 8 valley and I think I'm starting to see the sun again. It's nothing too bad but the thoughts of doubt do creep in during this time. Feelings of disappointment in my past condition and realizing how bad I let myself go and the complacency of that state. Realizing that these layers of fat around my midsection represent more than just fried food and beer.
Anyway, in January I made a list of goals for 2010. The categories are financial, creative, career, physical and spiritual. The physical was my participation in the PCP. The spiritual is what I must now get down to. I committed myself to starting a regular zazen practice and I've let myself down in this category. So, instead of another night of "I'll start tomorrow". The moment is now. All the books, lectures, and podcasts don't mean a thing unless you actually sit your butt down and breath. So, I'm off to tend the garden.

2 comments:

  1. Amen Brother. I have thousands, literally thousands of people who listen to my stuff, nod wisely, and don't do a damn thing about it. More POWER TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude
    We are off to a great year - I love your can do attitude - but time is not a crucible in which we burn. there is time for everything, apparently now is the time for breathing. In Out

    Go team Go!

    ReplyDelete