Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 61 - Under the trees


Nice weather brings a bounty of opportunity and as the East Coast emerges from a bitter winter the weekend calendar start to fill up with opportunities to get outside. Saturday starts with a 8 mile hike through a nature preserve with a few friends. Getting out in the fresh air, walking under trees, footsteps on the trail, listening to the birds sing, exploring, packing a lunch, well, just writing about it puts a pleasant smile on my face. Sunday is a family brunch which will bring the opportunity of seeing family that I have not seen since starting the PCP. Most notably, my parents, who I have not seen in 4 months on account of them being “snow birds”. Everyone knows I’ve been doing the PCP. I just don’t’ know how many people have actually looked at the blog. So, the reactions, if any, will be interesting regardless. This family brunch typically includes a mountain of bacon, sausage, taylor ham, doughnuts, pastry, & pancakes. It’s our early Mothers Day gathering and it’s a legitimate feast. In past years I would generally pig out but this year I’m happy to know I won’t be. I’ll have a cup of joe and spend time in the yard with my son playing catch and chasing the dog around. Oh, I’ll be sure to kiss my Mother too.

PCP thoughts…I’ve been sleeping like a log lately. It’s felt great. For the past 18 months I have not slept through the night. They tell you when you have a baby you never sleep the same again, well, they’re not kidding. But ever since day 50, I’ve been sleeping like one. I’m making it a point to enjoy it while I can because in 4 months that will go out the window again.

Hope you’re all well and I’ll see you again on Sunday night. Kill it in the gym, peoples! 30 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment