Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 11 - The Edge or "I can't"

What a workout today in the gym! By the 12th rep of the 4th set of leg ups I was covered in sweat. My legs collapsed to the floor while I let out a grunt of exhaustion and relief that I was now time to go home to eat raw red peppers, buffalo, and brown rice. But what a day it was!
A day specifically branded with the words "I can't" coming up in multiple situations and all of them regarding diet and exercise. The concept of will power also came up in one very personal situation where the protagonist just simply does not have the will power to change his life. Even here, in the PCP, we are faced with this every second.
In one conversation when "I can't" was mentioned, I typed back, "What one man can do another can do". The quote is from "The Edge". A wonderful film, about two men stranded in the Alaskan back country who are forced to survive. The film explores will, motivation, and our duty to our fellow humans. The scene is such, the characters have two choices, either kill the bear, or be killed. The odds where against them, but it was not impossible. One character makes the other repeat and then yell at the top of his lungs, "What one man can do another can do! What one man can do another can do!".
And the choice was theirs. And the choice is OURS. Don't make choices an excuse. Just simply make the right one. Look yourself in the mirror, "WHAT ONE MAN CAN DO ANOTHER CAN DO!". And then do it.

3 comments:

  1. This is also why we have our inspiration figures. If they could do it we can too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not just kill this bear, I will eat him and wear his fur!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look to your posts for support Brain! They make me want to work harder!

    ReplyDelete