Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 7 - Last half and getting busy


The last half meal consisted of roasted gold potatoes, roasted mushrooms, roasted tomato, arugula and salmon. It was exquisite.

And now, the real work starts. This next week is very important. The disciple of weighing my food, prepping it for the week, and always remaining mindful of the reasons I have chosen to walk this path are the new challenges. It will be about establishing the new PCP "diet" routine. The new exercises added this week are but a glimpse of the 80+ days ahead. Soreness. Pain. Grumpiness. The mind playing tricks on me. I will maintain the same focused intensity in the gym and keep my eye on the prize.

This is what I signed up for. Get busy living or get busy dying.


6 comments:

  1. Soreness, pain and grumpiness, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Please explain how to make food look like that! I need some cooking skills...also, is a potato a vegetable, or a carb?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Ren, the meal you see above is so simple to make it's silly. Less is more.

    The potatoes, mushrooms, & tomato where call roasted in the oven using the same glass pan, some olive oil, garlic, and pepper. That's it.
    400 degrees for about 40 minutes will do it.

    Then, I cooked the salmon in a pan, skin side down first, and grabbed a small handful of arugula and there it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious food! You will have a great time eating during PCP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to find time to photo my meals. I got some fish today - it was great

    Go man go!

    ReplyDelete