Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 9 - Work Hard and...

Breakfast went down a lot easier today and I didn't have a weird feeling like I ate too much. Two eggs, 40 baby carrots, oatmeal, and a tall glass of milk. By the time I sat down at work I already felt hungry. My mid morning snack was an avocado with a liberal dose of pepper. Lunch was one and a half chicken breasts, two slices of whole grain bread, one whole wheat English muffin and those 40 or so baby carrots again. I ate my after lunch snack of blueberries around 4pm and by 6, I was starving. I couldn't wait to get into the gym at 7 to get my mind off the rumbles in my belly.
My goal today in the gym was to do the maximum reps for each exercise and really concentrate on form. Being mindful of form is very important to attain the most out of any given exercise. I worked hard and concentrated and completed the maximum reps allowed. I felt really great and I'm already noticing tone in my arms that had not been there just three weeks ago.

Dinner was brown rice, leeks, and catfish. Succulent. I'd like to give a shout out to my new friend, the leek. You are wonderful and so green.

Not one speck of salt today and I don't miss it one bit. I have a cornucopia of spices in my cabinet and we will grow close and cherish each moment together over the next three months.

Now for some relaxation. Arsenal vs. Porto in the UEFA Champions league round of 16. 90 minutes of pure football joy.

I hope all my fellow PCP'rs are well.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, seriously, you need to share your recipes...or at least your photography techniques, because my prison food is seriously lacking in comparison to your gourmet meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ren, again just so simple to make.
    That is plain brown rice, sautéed leeks, and catfish with cumin and ground pepper seasoning.

    ReplyDelete