Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 25 - Pulled up

I had a pretty fair day today. The floor jumps were fun and I felt like a frog. Patrick mentioned the burn after performing the floor jumps and boy, was he right. Something tells me I'm going to feel those in the morning. The tricep dips killed today. The chicken wings were cooked on a slow burn. The V sit ups were a welcomed change and I also felt the burn in all the right places.
But it was before my workout where my significant PCP event of the day happened. Patrick checked in on me to discuss my ability, or lack thereof, performing pull ups. The pull up is something I've struggled to do my entire life. For as long as I can remember. It's one of those ghosts of gym class that have been haunting my thoughts ever since the PCP started. And, I must admit I was accepting those negative thoughts. "It's OK", I told myself, "as long as I concentrate on the other exercises it will work out fine".
Patrick explained to me why the pull up was vitally important to my personal fitness and development. We brainstormed a few ideas to get me on the right track and after our conversation I've decided to put a pull up bar in the apartment so I can work extra weekends. Thanks Pat for helping me shake out some of these old cobwebs up in my attic. I have new focus and knowledge to walk my path.

2 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing about the floorjumps! I looked and felt like a frog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture you found is exactly why the pull-up is so hard, and so useful. If any one of those muscle groups aren't up to snuff, the exercise simply can't be completed. And that's why most people give up on them. Keep doing them though, even one at a time, and you'll feel a power unlike any other!

    ReplyDelete