Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 23 - Just 5 more...

Just 5 more....Keep your back to the floor....Just 5 more....That's how I was able to get through the last two sets of leg lifts today. The extra sets and reps added to the workout this week is exhausting. My arms were burning during the abs workout and I wasn't even using my arms! Straighting your legs for the triceps dips certainly makes them much, much harder. Muscle failure was imminent on the last set when I stopped and panted "Just 5 more". Just 5 more. Keep the form. Keep the legs straight. Bend your arms in the 90 degree angle. . Breath! Spit! Fight! Just 5 more and then 5 more after that.
It's amazing to look in the mirror and see changes in certain parts of my body that have haunted me since the 6th grade. That's not a joke. That's when I started to get harassed in the locker room for being fat. I'll tell you one thing, it certainly builds character. It feels marvelous to making this progress. I'm willing to go anywhere, provided it be forward. Just 5 more and then 5 more after that.

5 comments:

  1. What do you think is most responsible for the rapid changes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always do another one! Keep cranking, it only gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick, My wife and I were talking about this last night. As you stated in the beginning of the project and as we concluded, diet. I've been really strict with weighing out my food and have been following the instructions to a "T". The exercise is obviously contributing also. I NEVER exercised 7 days a week before.

    Ren, you're correct! Just one more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad someone else noticed their arms burning during the abs workout. I guess they're so fatigued by the end, that using them in any way is just a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post
    and where do you get teh great graphics?

    Incremental progress is the key. Keep moving forward...keep moving forward.

    I too have been working on following the directions. It has been great for me to weigh and measure the food.

    For many years I ate OK, but portion size was a big question - I like haveing instructions to follow - I am enjoying not being in charge.

    Just keep moving forward!

    Go Team Go!

    ReplyDelete