Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 15 - Feeling the PCP

I had a feeling all day today. It never left. At the moment I am satiated. But whenever someone asked, "How are you today?". I only had one answer. "Hungry", I said, "I'm hungry". Yes. All day. Those grams that have been subtracted from our meals have left my metabolism much like Oliver Twist, "Please, Sir. I want some more". There was no more. I'm preparing for this feeling as I'm sure it will visit over the course of the PCP.
Today in the gym I made sure to kill it after reading Patrick's e-mail reminding us to essentially kill it in the gym. I grunted out the final reps in each set and watched the clock to make sure I was sticking to the 20 second intervals. A 20 second rest never felt so good! Oh, I feel some soreness in the chest. I screamed as I lifted my son out of the bath and onto my lap. Something tells me Patrick's e-mail from Sunday will ring true this week. We're getting further into the PCP and it's going to get a bit sticky, kids. Hang in there. In the end, the kids are alright.

6 comments:

  1. damn, i need to get me some of that colorful pasta, im getting tired of this yellowish stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, burn it up, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come I am the only one eating prison food? Your food looks SO. GOOD. Quality not quantity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the rock shrimp and green onions. Rock shrimp is very sweet and lobstery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a roll buddy - that is a great looking plate o food.

    I think it is great that you are aware of being hungry. Awareness is good...it runs in the same crowd as mindfulness.

    Also - I will try to copy your intensity on the gym. I may try and get more fired up when I am doing the exercise.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That dinner looks beyond amazing!!

    ReplyDelete