Monday, March 1, 2010

Day One

Day One. It went as well as it could possibly go for a day I've been waiting to arrive for three months. I was hungry during the day but kept mindful of the reason and the small milestones ahead in the future.
The exercises for day one left me feeling satisfied and sharp as the 20 second interval between sets kept my heart rate nice and steady and assured for a steady stream of sweat on my brow. I'm a sweater.
As far as the jump rope, well, it went excellent. 250 in a row. I must make a confession though, I've been practicing for a month in order to get the jump rope down in preparation for the PCP. Patrick commented once on the "zen of jump rope", which I set out to achieve. I face the wall, relax my eyes, and try to become the number while being aware of my bodies movements through the jumps. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get distracted but practice is the key. No doubt.

All said and done. Day One. In the bag. Day two? Bring it on.

4 comments:

  1. Damn, jump rope cheater! I need to get on the ball...er, rope! Well done brotha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ren! I would recommend getting a speed rope with ball bearings. It will help with establishing a rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am sending good vibe for your knee! Good for you for practicing and getting ready. I am a practice believer...It helps me be more present...which is the object of the exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a pretty good grasp of "zen jumproping". It's freakin' amazing when you get in that zone!

    ReplyDelete