Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 16 - Good day, Sunchoke

My hunger levels today were considerably less then yesterday. I neither felt full nor starving until about 5:39pm. I had a coffee to quell any rumbles and to get me through to my 7pm workout.
I finally picked up my extra resistance band in order to promote better form during the front arm raises and the DaVinci's. The band is "heavy". I have been using an "extra heavy" band which didn't make for the best form. I was happy to discover they are still hard and I was able to achieve the burning sensation we are looking for because I actually had control over the band. Another great workout tonight.
As far as the sunchokes go....Success! They are very tasty and I'll be eating them at least once a week while their in season. The sunchokes were baked in the oven just like a potato and had a light nutty flavor.
One last thought for today. I noticed something last night. I wasn't thirsty. Yes, I've been drinking the recommended amount of water a day but before the PCP I was a very thirty person. I was always drinking water and felt a thirst inside me for liquid. Now, it's not there. I haven't had salt for three weeks and I really enjoy not being thirsty like I was in the past. Self awareness is usually never good news but sometimes it's a ray of sunchoke or errr...sunshine.

And what does a cute baby elephant have to do with all this?...well, you decide.

4 comments:

  1. That cute baby elephant has EVERYTHING to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that baby elephant looks kind of demented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll. I think the elephant would be difficult/ if not impossible to stop - just like you (and our group)

    I had not connected the salt and the thirst. I have added a little more coffee around mid day but aside from that am water water water

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always sipping a cup of lukewarm tea all day at work, but yeah now that you mention it the serious drop in salt intake (not like I had that much before PCP) must be affecting thirst. Interesting!
    And Elephant = Big Opportunity in my industry, so a baby elephant means the start of something big!

    ReplyDelete